We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information about you:
- your name
- your contact information such as your address, your email address and your telephone number
- [only if required] your payment details/financial data, such as your bank name, account number and sort code
- information about you that you give us in person at our events, by filling in forms on our website clayhillarts.co.uk [such as through the contact us page or by signing up to our mailing list] or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
- information in relation to your use of our services and purchase of our courses and accommodation through our website
What do we do with the information we gather?
We use your information to:
- provide information to you about our workshops, events and services at Clayhill Arts
- keep you informed about events that we think you may find interesting
- communicate with you
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- keep our site safe and secure
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- notify you about changes to our services
We do also embrace the use of social media and may wish to process any comments made public by you.
Sharing your information
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may share your personal information with law enforcement agencies however, and other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so. We may also share your personal information with other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any Third Parties
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password [except when you log in to the website].
At any time, you have the right
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent)
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section
- to restrict processing of your personal data
- to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances
- to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and will be subject to the payment of a fee [currently fixed at £10.00]; and the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. For this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address. We will also comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject and may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
How long will we keep Your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
Updating your information
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change by sending us an email: email@example.com or in writing to: Clayhill Arts, Charlynch Lane, Bridgwater, TA5 2PH
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other sites, including via our social media buttons. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites and a link does not constitute an endorsement of that website.
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will appear on this page.